Located on the Hudson River—across from the stunning skyline of midtown Manhattan—lies Port Imperial, a group of modern residential communities encompassing parts of Weehawken, West New York and Guttenberg. This area has blossomed in recent years as an elegant retreat from the bustle of Manhattan living, with its landscaped riverfront walkway and convenient shops and restaurants. But don’t worry: New York is just a few minutes away by ferry, carrying passengers to midtown in minutes and downtown in under a half hour.
Port Imperial real estate
Port Imperial communities offer their residents a luxurious lifestyle, but each one presents unique qualities that are important to distinguish. Contact Nicole for insider information about various properties to find the best fit for your needs.
- The Shops at Riverwalk Place: Starbucks, A&P, Ben & Jerry’s, Floris Spa & Salon and more
- Meadowlands Sports Arenas – New York Giants, New York Jets, New Jersey Nets, New Jersey Devils
- Nearby Short Hills Mall is considered one of the finest in America, while Garden State Plaza and the Shops at Riverside are also enjoyable
- Fine dining along the river, including Son Cubano (a 1950s-style Cuban restaurant with live music), the Chart House (seafood) and Ruth’s Chris
- Hoboken shops, restaurants and clubs to the south
Sea: Port Imperial ferry provides a civilized commute to midtown and downtown, with free shuttles running throughout the city
Air: Newark, JFK, LaGuardia and Teterboro (small craft)
- Weehawken: town website, schools, GreatSchools.org report
- West New York: town website, schools, GreatSchools.org report
- North Bergen: town website, schools, GreatSchools.org report
Find more local services here.