Edgewater and North Bergen have seen a significant transformation in recent decades as part of New Jersey’s thriving “Gold Coast” riverfront region. Located across from the tree-lined banks of the Upper West Side, the area attracts many affluent professionals with its elegant riverfront, easy commute to the city and stunning views of Manhattan’s iconic skyline and the George Washington Bridge.
This beautiful neighborhood features numerous stores and restaurants, including an organic grocery store, fitness clubs, luxury spas, a wide range of cuisines and a 16-screen cineplex. In fact, CNN recently named Edgewater one of the Top 10 Places for the Rich & Single.
The Edgewater housing market can be split into three sections, each with its own personality:
- River Road – featuring modern condo developments, many with river views
- Undercliff – townhouses and single-family homes in Edgewater’s historic district
- The Colony – a unique cooperative community of single-family homes of at the north end of Edgewater
The adjacent town of North Bergen is actually part of Hudson County to the south, and includes several luxury riverfront developments.
Contact Nicole for insider information about the benefits and tradeoffs of various properties to help you find the best fit for your needs.
FERRY: Free shuttle provided by the borough to the Edgewater ferry terminal (rush hour only) or take the 158 bus to Port Imperial.
More info »
AIRPORTS: Newark, JFK, LaGuardia, Teterboro (small craft)
Attractions & Shopping
- Edgewater Commons – shopping center with PathMark, Target, Outback, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble and more
- CityPlace – outdoor mall featuring major retailers, Hilton Homewood Suites and a fitness center and spa
- Edgewater Multiplex – modern 16-screen movie theater
- The River Walk – landscaped brick walkway on the Hudson River, open to the public
- Veteran’s Field – park and sporting facilities
- Whole Foods – organic grocery
- Mitsuwa Marketplace – Japanese supermarket
- Edgewater municipal government
- Leonia school district (Edgewater receiving district)
- GreatSchools.org report (Pre-6, 7-12)
Find more local services here.